A Guide to Entering
2) Information Required
- Product information- name, launch date, price, weight - Always tell us the price: value for money is an important part of the debate
- Subcategory - you will be asked to select a subcategory in which you believe your product falls under. This is for guidance only and your product may not be judged in the subcategory if another category is deemed more suitable.
- Who it is manufactured for, if anyone
- List of ingredients - Judges prefer products with clean ingredients declaration
- Cooking instructions - Check that they are set out clearly
- Details of Irish listings (instore & online)
- 100-word product description - to include product USPs and aims in the market place. This description will be read out to the judges when they receive your product for tasting so please take care – judges appreciate being told the “story” behind a product – especially if it has a strong message to communicate.
- Upload a pack shot / photo of the product and also a logo of your company
- If your product needs other ingredients added, such as baking kits, please make sure that this is clearly stated in the submission
- Follow delivery instructions and deadlines carefully. These will be sent to you at a later date.
Deliver your products to the Limerick Institute of Technology on the dates specified.
Once your entry has been received, you will be automatically emailed the Delivery Instructions for your tasting samples. We generally ask for eight product samples as judges see packaging and also a whole sample cooked. If you have questions regarding this, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help.
Don't forget to click on 'Save' if you don't have all the information required at that point in time. This will add your entry to your basket. You can then go back to this point and complete your entry at a later stage.